Monday, July 07, 2008

New Hardy Heron 8.04.1 update

after running 8.04 (Hardy Heron), I removed it. There are some nitty gritty things didn't appeal to me. Mozilla Firefox was not final version and it didn't do well. e.g. Private history cannot be cleared. it is not a major problem for me. But it is a bug, until I found out I can disable the whole history can be disabled. Basically, I don't like most visited site information and keeping the history garbage. I visit a few news sites, tech websites, forums, less than 10 websites. The java plugin was not working. etc.

Today, I downloaded and installed the 8.04.1. It installed nicely. The java plugin didn't work. I removed the icedtea plugin, but I kept the OpenJDK libs, because they are used by Openoffice. Then I installed the sunjava 6 runtime, and sunjava plugin for mozilla firefox. Now the java plugin worked nicely.

Changed the Mozilla Firefox configuration of richitem parameter from 12 to 0. So, now no more history of browsed sites, and site visited history.
Back to Normal.

No comments:

10th June 2023, Debian 12.0 (bookworm) distro is released

Bookworm Debian 12 has 11089 new packages are added to this Bookworm, with a total of over 64419 packages.  Most of the software in the dist...