Saturday, October 20, 2007

a Gutsy upgrade


Today, I have upgraded my feisty (Ubuntu 7.04) to Gutsy (Ubuntu 7.10). Instead of downloading the Ubuntu Gutsy cd and do the upgrade, I choose to use the Update manager, and selected the upgrade option displayed on the top.
It took around 5 hours, because it has to update all packages installed to gutsy version from feisty version. After upgrade of the ubuntu base, and the other applications update, new icons appeared on the menu.

It is running ok. advanage of upgrade thru updated manager is to retain all existing configuration, users, and other data.
In my view, it is better than downloading the image, and install from the CD - after all I have a 1MB internet connection.





No comments:

10th June 2023, Debian 12.0 (bookworm) distro is released

Bookworm Debian 12 has 11089 new packages are added to this Bookworm, with a total of over 64419 packages.  Most of the software in the dist...